Thursday, February 10

So how about that Super Bowl on Sunday? Drastically different from last year, eh? Sweet and scandal-free. The game was quite good although I was disappointed to see the Pats win. Not that I'm a big Eagles fan, mind you. I just like to see variety in winners from year to year. Dynasties are boring. The only fun thing about dynasties in any sport is rooting for somebody to knock over the big favorite to surprise everybody and spice things up a little bit. Anyway, back to the main issue with the Super Bowl, the commercials and halftime show. Here's my rundown:

- The commercials were rather bland this year. The Lincoln fry commercials were mildly entertaining, and the one with Burt Reynolds and the dancing bear was kinda cute, but the only commercial that elicited any kind of response from me was the one with all the athletes endorsing what appears to be corian. Funny, but even more disturbing. Especially the closing with Dennis Rodman in a bathtub.
- I was intrigued by the preview we got of the 2005 Mustang. It's tough to tell for sure, but I think, come spring, we might actually get the first cool Mustang in at least 20 years.
- You know I also kinda got a kick out of the series of commercials about the guy working with a bunch of monkeys. I think we've all felt like that at one time or another.
- And about the halftime show...well, the producers couldn't have gone any further in the opposite direction of last year's show, could they? Props to them for putting together a fun show this year. It gets a thumbs up. Although I think Paul McCartney is a first class wanker, I'll concede that this was a well done show. Shame Ringo wasn't there.
- Oh yeah, and my new favorite player is Tedy Bruschi (pronounced "Brew-ski"). How great is that? You could have lots fun with that name. Makes me miss living with Reiffer (pronounced "Reefer"). But alas, those days are gone and her last name is no longer Reiffer. ::sigh:: Those were the days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com