Saturday, April 17

I'm not sure what kind of education system they have in Carlisle, PA, but it is obviously in need of aid. For the second time in less than a year, I have encountered a toll booth operator at the Carlisle exit off the Pennsylvania Turnpike who had no clue how to make change. When the toll came to $7.60 and I handed her $10.10, she was completely baffled. "But....it's $7.60," she stammered. "You don't need this," she said as she handed me back the dime. "But, I'd like the quarters. The change is $2.50," I calmly replied. "I'm sorry. I just can't do this," was all she could say, flustered and she made me take the dime back.

Am I wrong, or this not that complicated? Once I got my change I should have combined it with my dime and asked for $0.50, but it just wasn't worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com