Thursday, April 1

I am in shock. My world is crumbling. Why, you ask? I should think the answer would be obvious: Bob Dylan is showing his face in Victoria's Secret commercials. I'm pretty sure this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

I suppose it has been a gradual process. With the commercialization of society, the artistic community has one by one whored out themselves and their work for ever-increasing payouts. I was saddened when I heard Ray Charles singing the praises of Powerball. I wept when I saw B.B. King shilling Burger King. But seeing Dylan, an artist whose work has been conspicuously absent from merchandising, sell his image and gorgeous song "Love Sick" for a lingerie commercial is, well, devastating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com