Tuesday, May 27

Did your family ever have a tape or record that was nearly worn through from use? You know, that album that you all knew the words to and you could sing every guitar riff?

This weekend I was listening to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours in my car. (An excellent album, by the way. Highly recommended.) Anyway, when the song "Don't Stop" came on, I was suddenly reminded of what that tape was for my family: Cruisin' Classics. Cruisin' Classics was a compilation tape Dad got for free with a fill-up from Shell, and boy, did we make the most out of it. It contained such wonderful hits as Elton John's "Crocodile Rock", "Sara Smile" by Hall & Oates, Steve Miller Band's "Rock 'N Me", and the O'Jay's "Love Train", among others. It was, needless to say, loads of fun. That tape made it through countless car trips, ran in the family stereo for months, and even did a stint in my sister's room. I don't know where Cruisin' Classics is right now, but I hope it's getting a well-deserved rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com